Our values and principles
A leading banking Group Intesa Sanpaolo can have a significant impact on the society and environment in which it operates. It is therefore its responsibility to behave in a manner that is not just aimed at making profits but which also creates value for everyone the bank deals with (for more details view 2019 ConsolidatedNon-financial Statement).
OUR GROWTH STRATEGY IS FOCUSED ON CREATING THE SUSTINABLE CHANGES AND STRONG GROUND FOR ECONOMIC, SOCIAL, AS WELL AS PUBLIC AND ECOLOGIC DEVELOPMENT, WHICH IS BASED ON THE TRUST OF OUR CLIENTS, PARTNERS AND EMPLOYEES AND HAS THE FOLLOWING PRONCIPLES AND VALUES AS A BACKBONE:
- OPENNESS. We communicate with respect to each other. We build anopen dialogue for continuous improvement of cooperation with customers,partners and employees.
- RESULT-DRIVEN. We are the team. All the actions we do aimed at theresult, achievement of the bank goals and added value creation for our customers,partners, employees.
- INNOVATIVENESS. We integrate non-standard solutions and the newest technologies for the creation of the best products and services.
- DEVELOPMENT. We are ready to the changes, new tasks and challenges.We learn and develop constantly, exchange with our experience, thoughts, ideasand approaches.
Principles of Bank Work
- TRANSPERENCY. We go towards our goal honestly and responsibly. We followthe existing rules and professional ethics. It ensures that our clients,partners and employees can always make an informed choice.
- CLIENT CARE. We define our customer as the key person of ourorganization. We understand his needs and work to exceed customer expectations.
- DIVERSITY. We exclude any discrimination from our behavior andrespect the personality of each person.
- RESPONSIBILITY. We prefer sustainable solutions and use necessaryresources deliberately.
Principles of Intesa Sanpaolo Regarding Non-Armament Policy
We inform you that theposition of “PRAVEX-BANK” PJSCCB as a part of Intesa Sanpaolo Group is in fullcompliance with the principles of the Group which reject war as a means ofsettling international disputes.
As a result, the Bank, in accordance with the valuesand principles, reflected in the Code of Ethics, hasintroduced the internal “Non-Armament Policy”, which, within operations of the Bank and the Group in the arms sector, providesfor non-participation of the Bank in activities of the financing and executionof transactions, relating to trading and manufacturing of weapon and weaponsystems, even if permitted by the law.