Intesa Sanpaolo delivered a solid operating performance in a challenging environment during the first quarter of 2022. Execution of the 2022-2025 Business Plan announced in February is proceeding at full speed.
«The results achieved in the first quarter of 2022 are a further demonstration of how Intesa Sanpaolo is able, even in extremely complex contexts, to generate significant and sustainable profitability thanks to a highly diversified and resilient business model, to the benefit of all stakeholders», - said Carlo Messina, CEO of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group, regarding the Financial Results.
Highlights of Intesa Sanpaolo’s Q1 results:
- €1.7bn Net income when excluding provisions for Russia and Ukraine exposure, making it the best quarter since 2008.
- €1.024bn stated Net income including conservative Q1 provisions for Russia and Ukraine exposure.
- Strong acceleration of Operating income and Operating margin (+7.8% and +46.0% vs 4Q21).
- Second-best Q1 ever for Commissions and Insurance income, despite the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
- A strong decrease in Operating costs (-3.2% vs 1Q21) with the Cost/Income ratio down to 46.3%.
- Further significant NPL reduction (€4.8bn in disposals finalized January to April) and lowest-ever NPL stock and ratios.
- Fully phased-in CET1 ratio at 13.6%.
- Confirmed leading ESG position in the main sustainability indexes and rankings.
Read more about the financial results for the 1st quarter of 2022 at the link.
Statement by Carlo Messina, CEO of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group, regarding the Financial Results for Q1 2022 at the link.