In order to ensure preventive measures regarding containing coronavirus COVID-19, tax-free receipts issued in countries with confirmed cases of coronavirus disease are accepted for refund only after termination of two weeks term after the moment of crossing the border! We apologize for temporary inconveniences and hope for year comprehension
Return to your budget up to 20% of cost of purchases made abroad with use of Tax Free service! PRAVEX BANK is a partner of GLOBAL BLUE company in Ukraine and provides to clients a service of refunding amount of VAT for purchases made abroad. GLOBAL BLUE is the largest company providing Tax Free service, refund of the value-added tax when performing purchases abroad. This allows tourists to make purchases with big pleasure and to save substantial funds.
By using the program, you may receive back up to 20 % of the cost of purchases depending on the VAT rate set in the country, where a receipt was issued, as well as on the amount of expenses of GLOBAL BLUE system for processing receipts.
How to receive refund of funds
1. Make a purchase in a shop which is a part of a GLOBAL BLUE system. Usually corresponding indication is made with the use of Tax Free Shopping sign on the entrance door. Have issued Tax Free receipt that should be added to the sales receipts by the employee of the shop responsible for servicing clients under GLOBAL BLUE system.
2. Present all Tax Free receipts at the customs. Customs’ employee shall put a seal confirming crossing of the border.
3. Be aware of that while doing this you will be asked to show the purchase and present a tourist visa.
4. After returning to Ukraine, visit the branch of PRAVEX BANK (we recommend, prior to visiting a branch, to call contact number of respective branch below to receive preliminary advice and make an appointment for a convenient time of visiting) and present the following documents:
tax free receipt;
a document certifying the identity of a person and passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad, and for non-residents – a document certifying the identity of a person;
cash desk receipt / shop’s invoicefrom the shop, where the purchase was made.
The amount of tax refund under Tax Free receipts by Global Blue company will be paid in cash in UAH according to EUR commercial exchange rate in PRAVEX BANK on the date of performing transaction or transferred to the payment card *.
If issuing of Tax Free receipt does not comply with the rules of Global Blue company, as well as if the amount of refund under one receipt exceeds a threshold limit established by Global Blue company, then a scanned copy of receipt shall be sent by the Bank’s employee to the authorization center of Global Blue company which shall provide during 1-2 days a confirmation or refusal to pay refund.
* Refund of funds shall be made by Global Blue company to the cards of payment systems Visa International, MasterCard International and American Express within the period from 10 to 15 working days.
You can also find additional information on the service of payments under Tax Free receipts You can also find out on GLOBAL BLUE company website: https://www.global-blue.com
The list of branches of the Bank
For obtaining Tax Free refund it is recommended before visiting the Bank’s branch to call a contact number of the corresponding branch to receive preliminary advice and make appointment for a convenient time of visiting:
- Stolychne branch, 9/2 Klovskyi Uzviz, Kyiv, +38 068 463 0091.
- "Heroiiv Dnipra" branch, 21 Marshal Tymmochenko Str., building 4, Kyiv, (044) 363 0758, (044) 363 0759.
- Podilske branch, 32 Verkhnii Val Str., Kyiv, (044) 363 0718, (044) 363 0719, mobile (096) 960 6171.
- Industrialne branch, 120 Saksahanskyi Str., Kyiv, (044) 363 0256, (044) 363 0257.
- Odesa Regional Directorate, Pushkinska Str., 77, Odesa, telephone: (048) 740 9345, (048) 740 9346, (048) 740 9347, (048) 740 9348, (048) 740 349.
- Lviv Regional Directorate, 3 Sichovykh Striltsiv Str., Lviv, telephone. (032) 226 7608, (032) 226 7609, (032) 226 7610, (032) 226 7611, (032) 226 7612.
- Transcarpathia Regional Directorate, Uzhhorod, Kyiv Quay (Kyivska Naberezhna Str.), 2; (0312) 63-06-11; (0312) 63-06-16.
- Kharkiv Regional Directorate, Kharkiv, 17-19 Sumska Str.; telephone. (057) 766 5561, (057) 766 5562, (057) 766 5563, (057) 766 5564, (057) 766 5565.
- Dnipro Regional Directorate, Dnipro, 59 Shevchenko Str., telephone. (056) 787 3045, (056) 787 3046, (056) 787 3047, (056) 787 3048, (056) 787 3049.
- Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Directorate, 48 Sichovykh Striltsiv Str., Ivano-Frankivsk, (0342) 55-91-83, (0342) 55-72-01.
Reasons of refusal to pay refund
According to instruction on refund of Tax Free receipts of GLOBAL BLUE company, the main reasons of refusal to pay refund are:
- Not eligible to receive reimbursement are the clients residing and living in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Monaco),Germany, Great Britain (including Isle of Man), Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal (including Azores and Madeira Island), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic Islands), Sweden.
- Refund shall not be made under the forms which bear a Romanian seal.
- Refund shall not be made under the forms requiring additional check or if not all requirements of the country issuer of TAX FREE form were observed while issuing it.
- Absence of customs seal on TAX FREE receipt.
- Corrections in Tax Free receipts and/or fiscal receipts/invoices of the shop.
- TAX FREE receipt and / or fiscal receipt / invoice of the shop is/are damaged – torn, cut in, etc.
- Absence of fiscal receipt or shop’s invoice corresponding to a TAX FREE receipt, provision of copies of the mentioned documents instead of originals. We would like to draw your attention that a slip of settlement by a payment card is not a confirmation of purchase and, subsequently, may not serve as substitution for fiscal receipt / invoice of the shop.
- Fiscal receipt / invoice of the shop does not contain the names of purchased goods, but only their articles, or only the total amount of the purchase are/is mentioned.
- Customs seal is illegible (customs’ employee put seal inaccurately (seal is vague), not enought ink – bank’s employee is not able to determine the date of the goods export or the seal is not responsive to special devices for checking customs seals).
- Goods were exported untimely. There is a maximal limit term, within which the client shall export goods. Ordinarily it equals to a period of 1 to 3 months from the moment of purchase of goods.
- TAX FREE receipt is issued for goods, which are not subject to payment of refund (in certain countries among such goods are spirits, food products, cigarettes, etc.).
- A client approaches the bank for refund under TAX FREE receipt with expired validity term or validity term to be expired earlier than in 3 weeks. It is worth mentioning that in case of providing receipt with specified validity term, a client has an option to obtain refund by sending it to Global Blue company via mail on himself/herself.
Remote refund of TAX FREE receipts
The service of remote refund of TAX FREE receipts of Global Blue company is provided to:
1. Owners of FAMIGLIA services package and members of their families (children, parents, full brothers and sisters) in case of submitting for refund:
in cash - of receipt for the amount of refund of not less than EUR 100.00
in cash or to payment card of two and more receipts for any amount
2. To all other clients in case of providing for refund:
of receipt (receipts) in cash for overall amount refund of not less than EUR 200.00
in cash or to a payment card of three and more receipts for any amount.